hello!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Graduate school has officially taken over my life (hence the lack of posts). This was a good reminder for me....
“It’s rebellious, in a way, to choose joy, to choose to dance, to choose to love your life. It’s much easier and much more common to be miserable. But I choose to do what I can do to create hope, to celebrate life, and the act of celebrating connects me back to that life I love. We could just live our normal, day-to-day lives, saving all the good living up for someday, but I think today, just plain today, is worth it. I think it’s our job, each of us, to live each day like it’s a special occasion, because we’ve been given a gift. We get to live in this beautiful world. When I live purposefully and well, when I dance instead of sitting it out, when I let myself laugh hard, when I wear my favorite shoes on a regular Tuesday, that regular Tuesday is much better.”
-Shauna Niequist; Cold Tangerines

1 comments:

Katelyn- Domestic Charm said...

Good words, good book! :) Love you!